Accessories are often what make a collection really pop. The jewelry, the handbags, the headpieces and shoes, the brooches and glasses and everything in between make for some very interesting additions to any line-up of outfits by any designer. Particularly for the spring and summer seasons, where you see a lot more skin than during the fall and winter, accessories really serve to brighten up the ensembles. When it comes to Gucci’s spring 2016 accessories, we can honestly say that they either make or break the outfits that are pranced across the runway during their SS 2016 fashion show. Amidst gorgeous colors and transparent materials, the often quite eye-catching pieces are to be applauded. Florals were a big theme to go with and we cannot say that we do not love them so. But which Gucci accessories for summer 2016 really caught our attention?
• Large rings in golden bands with larger stones and pearly frames were first to make their way onto the stage. We noticed that the style to wear them in included multiple rings per hand, as per Gucci’s ideals. A ring a finger seems just about right! We also find lion shaped rings and a few more artistic pieces that are not so big, nor are they so dazzling in anything other than the craftsmanship creating them.
• Multi-tiered hanging earrings looked dazzling with their links and glitters and pretty rocks only adding to the appeal. We find thinner ones with gold and silver flowers as well as chunkier pieces that include antique looks on large 4-tier lovelies.
• Chain linked handles on the handbags were common enough, appealing to the ladies who have a bit more of a gothic chic style. They look even more outstanding when there are pasty pearls added in between the links and the handbag itself resembles a shimmering red cougar head. The whole animal theme that is subtle but not so much so is pretty attractive.
• Oversized glasses with golden rims were a big feature accessory found on the Gucci spring 2016 runway, matching with the fingerless wrist glove, completing the golden shimmer of the outfit, oversized rings and all. Oversized glasses with barely there wire rims are also seen, giving the girls a nearly nerdy feel to go with the golden knit half gloves on their hands.
• Waist-enhancing belts appear throughout as they look to be a part of the clothing itself, something drawn on or in a 2G status. They come in a few colors, appearing in a coral red and golden yellow and icy blue. There are also lion head belts with studding on red leather.
Common themes among the Gucci spring 2016 accessories include animal figures and floral designs, oversized glasses, to-die-for shoes and golden gloves. We can say golden everything really. Animals appear on bags and broaches, belts and everything in between. We have to admit though, the gloves are our favourite, appearing in shiny gold and embroidered knits, with our without their fingers bared. Add some berets to the mix and you have the latest Gucci SS 2016 collection summed up.
Photos courtesy of Vogue