No makeup style can ever compete with the mysterious allure and the dramatic feel of the cat eye makeup look. Ideal for any party and special events, this makeup style never looses its trendiness and always comes reinvented, revitalized and always with a new, special flair. There are numerous methods of creating cat eye makeup, ranging from simple and minimalistic eyeliner arrows drawn the way to give the cat eye feel to the look to the ones featuring more creative arrow styles, as well as bolder wings drawn with the help of various eyeshadow tones and, of course, eyeliner. The latter is the exact style we are going to talk about today, teaching you the easy methods of creating the most dramatic and show-stopping cat eye makeup look ever! So, make sure to check out this dramatic cat eye makeup tutorial to learn the secret of always looking seductive and memorable at special occasions!
How to Do Cat Eye Makeup
The best thing about cat eye makeup is that it gives lots of depth and mystery to the peepers, making even the droopy eyes have the all-desirable almond shape. When wearing this specific bold cat eye makeup look, it’s advised to stay away from bold lipstick colors, since all the focus should fall on your beautiful eyes. In case of having bright lips too, your makeup risks looking overdone.
So passing to our fab cat eye makeup tutorial, we want to encourage you practicing makeup application techniques a lot for reaching perfection. Although at first sight this makeup looks impossible to create yourselves, believe us, practice makes perfect! Be sure to fetch really high-quality makeup products and tools, stick to the steps and you’ll surely come up with successful results. What you need for doing this makeup is:
• Makeup base, foundation, concealer
• Eyebrow kit
• Eye primer
• Black eyeliner
• Eyeshadows in black, dark purple and shimmery metallic tone
• A white shimmery pigment
• Black mascara
• False eyelashes
• A pink rhinestone
• A nude lipstick
• Makeup brushes (namely a liner brush, a synthetic brush and a blending one)
Let’s get it started now!
Step 1: As always, start by washing your face, applying a toner and thus preparing your face for the makeup. Now, apply a makeup base. Use concealer on the problem areas. Go for the foundation, which is recommended applying with a makeup brush for the most flawless effect. Contour your face with a blush and a bronzer, if you love the sun-kissed effect.
Step 2: Contour your eyebrows. We have used Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown.
Step 3: Prime your lids. Draw a cat-eye shape with a liner brush. Start filling the wing using black eyeliner for the tail (Inglot AMC gel eyeliner #77). Apply a black eyeshadow over the eyeliner.
Step 4: For the beautiful gradient effect continue filling the wing with a dark purple eyeshadow (NYX Butt Naked Palette). Now, continue your way with a shimmery gunmetal eyeshadow (from the same palette). Apply a white shimmery pigment to the inner part of the eye.
Step 5: Apply black gel eyeliner to your lower lid and blend it with a black eyeshadow (Inglot AMC gel eyeliner #77 and Black Diamond from ABH Lavish Palette). Now, apply a translucent glitter with a blue reflex to the inner part of your lower lid (Parisax Cassiopee). Clean the edges of the wing using a synthetic brush and a concealer.
Step 6: Line your upper lid with black eyeliner. Apply few coats of black mascara and go for the false eyelashes for the maximum impact (Red Cherry #43).
Step 7: Apply a white eye pencil to the waterline (NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk).
Step 8: Put a baby pink rhinestone to the tear duct of your eye. This will enhance the special look of your cat eye makeup.
Step 9: Apply a nude mauve lip pencil and then a nude lipstick, creating a soft ombre effect.
Tips for Perfect Cat Eye Makeup
In order to ensure the all-perfect look of your cat eye makeup, it’s important to know what form matches your eye shape best. We advise you to stick to these makeup tips to reach successful results!
• Almond Shaped Eyes: So if you have this perfect eye shape, there is practically not much to worry about. You can line only the upper lid, however, lining the lower one is still not a don’t!
• Round Eyes: To give an oval shape to the eye, line only the outer two third of the upper and lower lids. Another tip is not closing the line at the outer corner of the eyes, since this will visually open up your look.
• Wide-Set Eyes: Start drawing the line from the innermost corner of the eye, this way making your eyes closer. Playing with dark hues is a good idea, since they tend to make things look close.
• Close-Set Eyes: Lining only the outer corner of the lid is the best trick for close-set eyes. Also try to always make the line as thin as possible at the inner corner, gradually thickening it at the second-third part of the eye.
• Small Eyes: Thick lines will brighten up your eyes, making them appear bigger. Using a white pencil to the waterline is also a good trick.
• Asian Eyes: The tips for almond shaped eyes work perfectly with Asian eyes too.
Creating show-stopping cat eye makeup looks requires time and lots of practice. We hope our dramatic cat eye makeup tutorial has helped and inspired you for creating one-of-a-kind makeup styles like a pro. If you stick to the basic makeup tips for cat-eye looks depending on your eye shape and if you practice your makeup application skills a bit, you are sure to come up with your own creative cat eye makeup looks that will never go by unnoticed!
Makeup by Evelina Paunescu for Fashionisers.com