Bananas are the tastiest and probably the most favorite fruits of women. And apart from being suitable for different tasty desserts, it turns out that they are also useful in terms of creating some helpful treatments for face, which will help your skin look younger and revitalized. They are, in fact, widely used for preparing facial masks and other treatments. They are rich in Vitamins A, C, B6, B12, PP, potassium, and magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, and iron. With the help of the fruit acids they contain, they manage to make your skin brighter and healthier, and due to their effect, the extra dead cells of the skin are replaced with new ones. Bananas also contain 70% of water, as well as starch, proteins, carbohydrates, tannic and malic acids, and some flavoring elements. Thus, here we are going to talk about some general homemade banana facial masks, which are maximum effective and useful for making your skin look better.
Banana Facial Masks for Oily Skin
The first type of banana beauty recipe is the one meant to perfect the oily skin. So the ingredients and the preparations go as follows:
• You will need 2 tsp. of lemon juice, 2 tbsp. of mashed bananas, and 2 egg yolks. You need to carefully mix these ingredients together and to apply the ready mask to the face. After 20 minutes you may rinse it with warm water and apply a toning lotion.
• For the next recipe you’ll need mashed bananas, prepared with a grate. To this you should add 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, 2 tbsp. of liquid honey, and 3 drops of liquid Vitamin A. You should then carefully mix these ingredients, and apply the mixture to the face. After 20 minutes you should remove this with a paper napkin, which needs to be previously moistened with an herbal tincture of marigold or sage. Further you only need to rinse the remaining mask on your face with cool filtered water. The acids containing in the lemon juice additionally help to make the pores narrower.
• For the final banana mask against oily skin you’ll need some mashed bananas and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice. This mixture needs to be applied to the skin for 20 minutes. The mask should be rinsed off with running water. Constantly using this mask you’ll be able to achieve significant results, in terms of narrowing the pores and getting rid of the oily glow and generally cleaning the skin.
Banana Facial Masks for Getting Rid of Wrinkles
• Grate one half of the banana. Add 2 tsp. of liquid honey, 3 tbsp. of natural yogurt, 3 tbsp. of oatmeal to this mixture, and carefully mix all this. Apply this mixture to the face and rinse it with warm water and apply some cream.
• For the second mask you need to mash half of a banana, add 1 tbsp. of cream and 1 tsp. of honey to it. Apply this mixture to the face and remove it after 15 minutes with a swab moistened with mineral water. It’s recommended to repeat this procedure every day.
• Finally, you may also mix 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp. of banana and apple puree, wheat flour, and olive oil. The ready mask is to be applied to the face, neck and the area of décolleté. Rinse off the mask after 15 minutes. And again frequency is the best guarantee for success and you need to repeat this for four times a month.
Banana Facial Masks for Dry Skin
• Coming to the beauty recipes for dry skin, we may also talk about certain effective masks. For the first, you’ll need to mix half of a banana with 0.5 tsp. of honey, 1.5 drops of any citrus juice and apply the mixture letting it stay for 15 minutes. Remove the mask with a cloth napkin, moistened in cold water beforehand.
• For another recipe you need to take 2 tbsp. of mashed bananas, 2 tsp. of olive oil, 2 tsp. of nutrition cream and some drops of lemon juice. After properly mixing these ingredients you need to apply the mixture to the face and rinse it off with warm water in 10 minutes.
• Additionally, you may also consider mashing the half of a banana with egg yolk and one tsp. of rice bran oil (you may also take nut oil or almond oil), and add some wheat flour to make the mixture denser, and to finally apply it. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse it off with water.
• Finally, you may also try mixing 2 tbsp. of banana puree with 1 tbsp. of milk and apply the mixture to the face and the neck letting it stay there for 15 minutes, after which you need to wash everything with a swab moistened in milk.
Banana Facial Masks for Normal Skin
• Coming to the recipes meant to perfect your normal skin, we may talk about some very useful and great ways to improve their looks and to make them even healthier. For the first option you may try mashing a banana, after which you just need to add 1 egg yolk and some vegetable oil to the half of the mashed mass. Mix everything and apply the paste to the areas of the face and the neck. After 20 minutes just rinse all off with cool water. Finish the procedure with some nutritional cream.
• According to the second recipe you need to grate one kiwi and one banana and add 2 tbsp. of natural yogurt to the mass. Before applying the mask clean the skin and after waiting for 15 minutes wash the face with cool water. Apply some nutritional cream for the finish.
• To prepare the third recipe you need to mix half of a banana with one slice of grated orange (without seeds and skin). Apply the mixture to the face and let it stay there for 15 minutes. After the time is up remove the mask with a wet swab. Wash the face with warm water for the end. However, we may also note that this mask may not be suitable for those having sensitive skin.
• And for another easy DIY recipe you may mash half of a banana with 1 tsp. of kefir and mix all. Apply it to the skin and let that stay for 15 minutes. After that wash the mask with warm water and apply some cream to the face.
Here were some basic DIY homemade beauty recipes that you can try out in order to perfect your skin and to gift it with a stunning and cool glow.
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock