If there is one celebrity making big splashes with her collections of late, it is Lauren Conrad. The former Laguna Beach star is quite the celebrity, coming up with Disney Minnie Mouse collections and giving beauty lessons. Shorter hair is well loved by the star celebrity in the summer heat and she loves sharing her ideas about how to master beach looks or contour correctly. She has come up with collaboration after collaboration, from Kohl’s to Disney, while also speaking about weddings and bridesmaid roles. Search up Lauren Conrad and you will be surprised at the amount of articles written about her lately. This is one girl who simply does not know when to stop working, it appears.
With all her pomp and glamour, Conrad’s actually a pretty down to earth lady who understands beauty secrets like few others. The 29-year-old actress, who has also played in The Hills, is also a fashion designer and author of multiple books. She is also editor-in-chief of LaurenConrad.com and thus shares her insider tips and tricks when it comes to the world of beauty and cosmetics.
So what are her thoughts about contouring? Sticking to these contouring tips from Lauren Conrad even makeup beginners will come up with flawless outcomes!
• You need to make your bronzer your best friend: Okay, we know not everyone likes bronzers, but it works wonders to create the best contour. You need not buy different foundations if you have one really good bronzing product. Use the liquid if you want it look deeper, and more defined around your cheekbones, nose and jawline. If you have drier skin, the liquid version might be your best choice. Apply your foundation first and then begin with the rest.
• You need to make sure you have chosen the right color: Your foundation is important, but your bronzer’s hue is just as necessary to be right. This is the point that will make or break a deal when it comes to having a natural, contoured look. Two shades darker is the maximum you should go and you can layer on it without it caking up or looking orange.
• Make sure you are using the right tools: If you opt for the liquid bronzer, you will need a makeup wedge. If you opt for the powder bronzer, you will need an angled or flat brush. For the best effects, layer the powder over the liquid and you will have the best in photo-finished looks.
• Make sure you are contouring correctly: You should start with all the places on your face the sun hits first, including your nose, across the forehead, on your cheekbones and on our jawline. Use lighter strokes and the darkest application should be made from your hairline and sweeping out towards the cheeks. Lighter applications should be on your cheeks going to the back of your ears. Make sure you do not use too much as you just want a sun-kissed glow and not to look like you have been bathed in soot.
• Make sure you blend it all in properly: Now it is time to blend it all in, making sure you sweep some bronzer onto your neck so it does not look like you are wearing a mask. If you are wearing your hair up, the nape of your neck needs a bit of loving as well.
Photo courtesy of Zimbio
Don’t miss: Top Celebrity Fashion Blogs to Get Hooked On