You want to be looking military chic this summer? There are quite a few pieces available by designer labels that can make that dream of yours come true. The military look has been dominant for years, though the style in which it is portrayed often changes. You get camouflage pants coming in once in a while and then switching over to the khaki colored pieces, some darker and some lighter. You get shorts in that look, as well as shirts, baggy pieces and the skin tight to make you look and feel positively sexy. Strongly lined eyes, straightened hair pulled back into a ponytail and a mask to keep her hidden is what often defines these petite Amazons who traipse through the rugged landscape as well as any other man could do. In order to celebrate a woman’s individuality and this time not actually send her into war but still have her looking ready to take that AK-47 in hand, we’ve pulled together some lovely military pieces for summer 2015 to create an outfit out of.
1. MCG Alexander McQueen Cotton Jacket: This is a lovely cotton and leather combination piece, with the overarching military appeal clear in this Alexander McQueen creation, sideways zipper and all. The panels are in black leather, while the asymmetrical zips are meant to give it style. The collar can be fastened with a buckle; the cuffs can be zipped as well. Army green is the designer name, while the fit is somewhat on the boxier side. Great piece to throw over the rest of your outfit!
2. Valentino Rockstud Leather Pumps: These kitten heeled pumps may not be convenient if you want to go hiking through the mountains but they do look very stylish, what with the mock gladiator straps and the rockstar studs all over. They are both elegant and edgy and meant to captivate you with the fine detailing of the crafted grainy leather. It is transitional from day to night and perfectly comfortable with the low heels. In an army green designer color, this calf leather piece is made in Italy and full of quality.
3. Valentino Rockstud Suede and Leather Sneakers: If you do not want to go with heels, even tiny ones, and are looking for a sportier, more laid back look, you might want to opt for the suede and leather sneakers by Valentino, totally luxe and embellished with army green colored studs. It has a slight platform to it and while it may seem casual, this piece can dress up or down any outfit you wear it with. Plus, it is made in Italy.
4. Marc Jacobs Mini Trouble Shoulder Bag: This leather shoulder bag is a great little accessory to match up with your army ensemble and carry around your essentials while keeping your hands free. It is a downsized piece, hence the “mini” and comes in a smooth, sleek finish. Antique gold hardware is added to it for a 1960s glamour feel, a trend that is all over the place this season. The shoulder strap is also in a gold tone and metal linked, with an internal hand held mirror coming as a bonus. It is in Khaki and Antique gold coloring, made in Italy.
5. Marc Jacobs Cotton Shorts: Since it is summer, you can always opt for shorts to amp you style as well, giving it a more safari feel. These A-line shorts have a belted waist and a rather lovely feminine silhouette to accentuate the curves. The lining is 100% silk and the piece itself fully cotton and totally breathable.
6. Valentino Embroidered Cotton Trousers: If you love butterflies, you can easily have them appear on your trouser legs with this lovely piece that also serves to protect you from the elements when you prefer not to be wearing shorts. Khaki cargo pants are made from cotton and the ankles are elasticated so that it stays in place and balances out the baggy fit. The “Camu Butterfly” embroidery gives it a rather feminine look, tough the piece itself is more on the masculine side. You can wear this with a sweater and flats and look awesome enough. The designer color name is army here and you can expect to find Velcro slit pockets on the fully cotton garment.
7. Valentino Embellished Suede and Leather Sandals: The suede look is very much in this summer and it only makes sense to have it in an army green color for us to enjoy the military chic look. They are espadrille style sandals with ankle straps and a wedge platform that is both comfortable and stylish. The pretty embellishments over on top give it a youthful spin and this can be worn styled up or down with denim shorts and a lovely top. It comes in both lamb and calf leather, with a rubber sole and leather insoles, stamped as Made in Italy.
Photos courtesy of Collage Vintage, My Theresa