As delicious as the showstopper gowns and incredibly creative designs are on the London Fashion Week runway shows, it is the street style that often needs the spotlight as well. Four days into the week and we can see the beauty of each and every person radiating through, while some of the street fashions by the It girls coming to check out the latest trends was possibly even more fabulous than the pieces they had come to appraise for themselves! Some of the best London Fashion Week spring 2016 street style looks noticed throughout the different days include:
• A brown wraparound coat worn over loose fitting comfort jeans that are cuffed up to the ankles, white sneakers clad around the feet and a lovely black leather clutch to finish off the look with nary a matching color. Wavy highlighted hair had an ombre effect that only lent to the autumn look of the ensemble.
• For those with a love for showing off their toned legs, we truly found the black and white combinations fascinating, pairing a white cotton blend shirt with a high waist pleated black leather skirt and finishing off with white heeled blue-black velvet ankle boots with pointed toes. That was incredibly beautiful.
• Open midriffs are a common theme, mixed with pants, skirts, embroidered designs and asymmetrical hems. Add classy, yet brightly colored shoes to the mix and some cool sunglasses and you have some very interesting looks despite the slight chill in the air.
• A long green velvet coat in a forest hue looks incredible with a turtleneck white blouse and a mid-thigh length high waist skirt with buttons up the center to give it a very 1970’s look. Those fur tuft espadrilles with the leopard prints are intriguing enough but we have to wonder how well they match with the rest of the sophisticatedly youthful look.
• While many opt for the sneakers, the espadrilles or the sandals, we love the thigh high suede boots in the burgundy coloring. The lacy multilayered dress is attracting attention to itself. We might rather prefer a different form for the top of the dress, but the see through style of it is certainly in tune with this year’s trends. Add a lovely black blazer on top and a pretty grey clutch to the mix and it becomes a very 1970s meet 2015 ensemble.
• One particular look that most definitely took us for a ride was the chiffon dress with the high neck and skirt up the side, the gentle beige coloring giving the daisies depicted on the top especially a very subtle background. Add a Mongolian shearling coat on top and masculine black leather boots to the mix, while braiding the hair into double pigtails and you have an autumn look that is positively fabulous!
Throughout the Fashion Week, we’ve seen knit tops, form-fitting turtlenecks, dog prints on color block shoes, extra-long sleeves, furry sandals, masculine slouched feminine suits with shorts instead of trousers, plunging necklines and voluminous skirts, bowler hats and lots of frills. We’ve seen transparency abound and a whole lot of fur in general. While we love the collections shown off on the runways, they can’t hold a candle to some of these street styles we’ve spotted throughout the past couple of days. London Fashion Week has been a hit!
Photos courtesy of Vogue, WMag, WWD