Being amazing alternatives to the traditional plaid, tartans and other forms of graphic-geometric patterns, windowpane checks have been gaining lots of power recently becoming a must-have in the wardrobes of stylish fashionisers. If you are looking for ways of adding freshness to your looks and looking unique when wearing prints and patterns, forget about those classic leopard and floral printed clothing pieces and instead embrace winter’s biggest trend of windowpane checks. Due to its subtle character and sophistication, it can be easily mixed and matched with a variety of other patterns. Besides, windowpane check clothing pieces work amazingly with office looks, as well as can be put together with casual fashion staples, such as jeans and sporty chic pieces. Below see 8 ways you can wear windowpane check in winter!
1. Windowpane Check with Brights: They are so subtle and modest that can easily be teamed with more eye-popping bright pieces, like we see it in case of this chic look. A little navy blue dress with white windowpane check looks more statement-making when topped with a bright orange coat. You need so little in terms of styling this look, as it does stand out already this way.
As the next look in this photo illustrates, windowpane check can look stylish with neutral pieces too, although in this case it appears much toned down and minimalist.
2. Windowpane Check with a Statement Piece: Pair your windowpane check oversized knitted turtleneck with a statement wrap skirt in khaki and you’ll have a stunning office, formal or casually elegant look. A pair of heeled pointy-toe mules and a chic oversized black bag with golden handles will perfectly finish off your look, and when it comes to beauty, stick to natural makeup and bedhead hair to add a more laidback allure to this classy outfit.
See also: How To Mix Prints And Patterns
3. The Windowpane Check Sweater: When it’s a functional navy blue windowpane check sweater you have so many ways of styling it. Pair it with jeans or tailored pants or team it with a lovely flared mini skirt in a dark shade, such as emerald green, and your cute casual look is ready to stop the traffic. A cozy checkered scarf and some gold jewelry pieces will only add to the chic of this outfit.
4. Windowpane Check with Basics: Revisiting basics and updating them with a modern spin always leads to fresh looks perfect for every occasion. A simple navy blue windowpane check turtleneck can add so much luxury to your simplistic white pants, especially when you layer your look with a stylish gray cape-style coat. A pair of rounded sunglasses will inject a retro allure to the overall look.
5. Oversized and Bright Windowpane Check: Playing with textures and colors is always a great way of creating unique looks. Subtle windowpane checks will look so invigorating on the background of Crayola-orange knitted separates, especially when those are oversized and feature lovely fringe details on the hems of the top. It’s the oversized look of those designs and the brightness of the color picked that make this look so one-of-a-kind. Add a pair of pointy-toe golden pumps and an uber-flirty pencil-box resembling clutch in the same bright orange shade and be ready to draw all eyes on you as you pass by!
6. The Windowpane Check Pants: Instead of picking a windowpane check top and matching it with neutral bottoms, you can do vice versa for more creative looks. A simple white shirt or blouse will look so perfect when tucked inside a pair of navy blue windowpane check tailored pants. You have endless accessorizing options, since the look is quite minimalist and adding statement accessories will instantly jazz it up.
7. Windowpane Check And Stripes: Pick sister colors like black and white and sister patterns such as windowpane checks and vertical stripes and you’ll get the most winning proportion ever! You can add either colorfully bright accessories to the look or stick to metallic gold or silver pieces for more classy outcomes. This outfit is so versatile and can be sported to various places.
8. Colorful Windowpane Check with Stripes: You can also choose either the bottom or the top in much brighter shades when teaming windowpane checks with stripes. This creates a beautiful contrast between the patterns and the separates and can also be a great trick for balancing your silhouette, if you have any small figure flaws.
Photos courtesy of Style.com
Don’t miss: The Best Prints And Patterns For Plus Size Women