A new trend spotted at the recent runway shows, the hottest new look for the spring season of 2015 is the negative space nail art. We love our manicures and sometimes a simple lacquer alone is not enough to show off our character. Sometimes we like to add flowery designs, other times it’s the stick on pieces, while sometimes we opt for the glittering stud looks. In any case, the negative space nail art is just an upgrade to your average manicure and can be achieved easily, from graphic black and white designs to color palettes and glittery accents. There is something for everyone in this sphere and here are some uber-cool negative space nail designs trendy for 2015 for you to choose from!
1. Go for the Graphic Design: Black and white is a great combo and each nail can look a little different, depending on how you plan on styling it. The multiple designs can look pretty busy but these two colors pull it off without a problem, making this the go-to nail art design when you have time on your hands to play around.
2. Modern Pastels Can Look Pretty Cool: And cool is the right word for it when each fingernail boasts a different design with different pastel colors, preferably 2 pastels mixed with black for the outlines. Using straight lines and geometric shapes certainly helps create the futuristic look you might end up with. Dove grays and pastel yellows are the perfect colors to go with the black outlines.
3. Playing with the Moons: There’s something glam and gorgeous about using a strongly hued burgundy to play around with the nail designs, particularly when alternating between bare and filled-in half moons on your fingers. It’s not too busy, utilizes you a highly saturated nail color and looks pretty amazing overall in combination with the studs!
4. Passionate Hearts: Using nail tape to achieve some cool looks, one can alternate between pale pink and black colours, or perhaps add a bold red to the mix, to achieve different designs per nail. This includes pretty little red hearts and funky schemes.
5. The Geometric Red: One of the pretty designs you can make on your nails, this time not alternating between a few, is by adding bare geometric designs to your red nail lacquered fingertips for an aristocratic, sophisticated and modern touch. This keeps the classic hue as the center of attention but gives it a bit of character that’s repeated on each nail.
6. Playing with More Subdued Hues: Some fashion shows have featured rather intriguing nail designs wherein scotch tape is used to achieve clean lines that section off diagonal regions of the nails before painting them in bright colors. Such a runway inspired negative space nail art design is this geometric look in deep burgundy shades.
7. Gilded Nails with Bare Effects: You do not need to be covering up the whole of your nails to achieve a fabulous manicure. Instead, you can create geometric shapes with some colors matched with glitter polish that adds some bling without looking ultra-sparkly and poaching on that vintage territory.
8. Less is Certainly More: If you normally love going with bare nails, you might want to take a cue from geometric shapes and pretty neutrals and match those nails to the colorful outfits you put on. All you need is to line those pretty nails with abstract shapes and leave the rest bare to enjoy.
9. Looks Like French Romance: Considering we really adore the pretty style of French women, it’s rather fitting to have some Parisian spice nails even if we haven’t visited the French capital yet. Earth-tone polishes look great with the negative space effects on the designs and mixing two hues of the color together certainly gives a better effect.
10. It’s Bold and Geometric: The love romance between negative space nail designs and geometric shapes is really strong, since the mixture of the two always leads to striking looks. We love this bold and colorful design featuring abstract patterns and lovely pastels that look in a perfect harmony with those bare nails.
11. The Sweetness of Pink: Pink is the ultimate girlish color we are always excited to try on our nails no matter what style we opt for. It looks especially powdery when matched with some bare nails, whites and lovely prints and patterns.
12. Some More Pastels: This is perhaps the easiest way of nailing down the negative space nail trend while also adding a splash of color to your overall appearance. Mix and match graphic motifs with pretty pastels and there you go with your cool nail design!
13. Simplistic and Cool: For the glam grungy feel, just pick a simple black polish and apply it all over your nails, leaving some graphic half moon designs bare. This is a style that can be easily incorporated into any outfit and occasion!
Although negative space nails may look a bit weird at first sight, you are going to fall in love with this modern trend as you try any of the above-mentioned looks at least once! So dare to be cool in the new season trying the hottest trend of the moment!
Photos courtesy of Instagram, Maoya