The key of success of any look is the correctly matched pieces. This refers to absolutely everything from garments to makeup accents and from hair tone to jewelry. Yes, jewelry! This is the next most significant and cool aspect that needs some consideration, especially if we discuss the principles of matching jewelry with the skin tone. Some people hold the standpoint that jewelry is neutral and can be matched with any skin tone without any concerns and problems. Still, we will now tell you about a few principles that should work and do work when picking jewelry for yourself and when trying to match it with the skin tone of yours. Learn how to choose the best jewelry for your skin tone to be able to accentuate your divalicious beauty with the help of correctly picked accessories!
Even subconsciously you might have happened to face the situation that despite having a big range of jewelry, you generally stick to one shade or one type and go on picking that very piece again and again. This is what happens when your mind realizes the compatibility of this or that shade of design with your skin tone on the subconscious level. So here are the main steps you need to follow:
General Tips and Tricks
• The very first thing that you need to remember about jewelry is that it should be very comfy and easy to carry.
• In order to prevent tarnish looks, you need to keep jewelry away from water and try applying a light coat of clear fingernail polishes to the jewelry for enhancing their longevity.
• Don’t forget to look if you have enough money in your pocket before buying something or believing something is worth that.
• Always follow your body’s reaction to the jewelry you have on, since some people might have allergic reactions to some types of jewelry, be that something natural or fake.
Finding out the Skin Tone
Thus, for knowing how to match jewelry with your skin tone you need to find out the exact skin tone of yours first of all. You can do that examining the clear face of yours, having absolutely no makeup or self-tanner on. For that you just need to wash off all the makeup, apply a regular moisturizer you always use, wait for some 15 minutes and look at the mirror closely examining the skin. Having natural light is also useful. In order to find out the exact shade you need to hold a piece of pure white paper to your face and if some pinkish accents appear on the paper then you have cooler undertones and if the shade you note is yellowish, the undertones are warm. Finally, what you need to do further is match the warm undertones with warmer colors like red, orange, coral, gold, while the cooler options should respectively be picked in silver, blue, and green. As a rule, there is a close connection between the skin undertone, the shade of the eyes and the hair color. So this should be taken into account when picking jewelry as well.
Finding the Face Shape
The following important aspect that you need to consider when picking jewelry is your face shape, since each shape requires a certain type and outline of jewelry to look well. So the compatibility options go as follows:
Heart or Diamond Face Shape
• When picking earrings, you need to pay attention to dangle or drop types to visually lengthen the face.
• As for necklaces, chokers will be the most exact and ideal accessory to contrast and soften the sharpness of the chin.
Round or Square Face Shape
• The earrings for this face shape need to be of oval, or some angular shapes like rectangles.
• As for the necklaces, you need to pick options with extended forms below the neckline.
Rectangular Face Shape
• Short and round are the ways for picking the earrings, in order to create some contrast between their forms and that of the face.
• Chokers are again a do here, especially if you have a long and beautiful neck.
Oval Face Shape
• As for the earrings you can choose not too long dangle options of angular shapes.
• Coming to necklaces, we can note a considerable freedom in choice here, since you can pick both long and short options. Still, if you have a long neck you’d better choose a shorter option.
Matching the Jewelry with the Skin Tone
After knowing everything about matching jewelry shades and shapes with skin types you can easily come up with impressive and cool combinations. There are, in fact, many possible variants of experimenting with jewelry, and that generally refers to the great diversity of the designs, sizes, shapes, and colors. Depending on whether your skin is dark or light, you can opt for a certain type of jewelry, thus picking some golden accents for warm complexions and shades like silver, platinum, and other tones of rose gold. In any case there are some exceptions from these rules. The middle skin tones, for instance, tend to combine the benefits of both groups of tones in one place. In this case the most important factor that needs to be preserved is the balance.
Picking a Supplementary Color
In addition, you can also pick a second complementing shade for your jewelry, going for the duo of the metal and the complementary proper.
• For cool skin shades, options like silver, platinum, and white gold will be especially effective and well-matching.
• And for warmer tones, the correspondingly warmer metals are suggested, like gold, pewter, brass, and copper.
As for the second part of the idea, we can speak about the following alternatives:
• Cool skin tones require white pearls and diamonds as key shades, and expanding to jewel tones, the options like pink, blue, red, and magenta will be very useful and effective.
• As for the warmer tones, we should note the coral or golden tone pearls first, reflecting the main principles and compatibility of these tones. Coming to stone shades, the concentration around earthy shades is what can be noted here, exemplified with brown, orange, green, yellow, peachy, and turquoise shades.
Thus here were the basic rules we would like to note when speaking about the choice of the best jewelry for the skin tone. Just have a look at the tips and consider them for the most impressive results!
Don’t Miss: Fashion Accessory Myths Debunked