Drawing inspiration from nature can lead to smashing makeup looks that will hardly leave anyone indifferent. To this end, paradise is perhaps the best place to look to, since this is the most charming corner created by God for true admirers of heavenly beauty. Its ambrosial colors and exotic nature, such as peacocks More...
Ever since the Illamasqua I’mperfection spring 2013 makeup collection got launched, almost every girl got hooked on the amazing speckled effect simple makeup products can create. Speckled eyeliner does look chic and special, and although quite simple techniques are required for achieving the speckled makeup, you can More...
Although small details, nails have a great impact on a woman’s stylish look. Beautiful, well-groomed hands and nails are the first steps of creating a trendsetter’s image. Like anything else, nail trends are also extremely diverse this season, so everyone is sure to find something alluring for her. From natural More...
What we all especially love about every new season is that it unveils new gorgeous fashion trends and breathes freshness and liveliness into our wardrobes. Judging by the fashion shows of the world-famous brands’ collections showcased in New York, London, Milan and Paris, the upcoming spring/ summer 2013 fashion More...
The color of coolness, freshness and the sea breeze, the color of your favorite cocktail, the color of vigor and courage… It’s all about the color of mint. A softer shade of green and turquoise, mint green is a great hit for the up and coming season and we can’t get enough of this fresh shade! Minty fashion is More...
Mint Green Trend: How to Wear Mint GreenSun, May 27, 2012
The color of coolness, freshness and the sea breeze, the color of your favorite cocktail, the color of vigor and courage… It’s all about the color of mint. A softer shade of green and turquoise, mint green is a great hit for the up and coming season and we can’t get enough of this fresh shade! Minty fashion is everywhere, from clothing to accessories, from makeup to nail polish, and even walls in our homes are painted in this flirty color. Universally flattering for almost all skin tones and so fabulous in combination with white, black, peach, beige, navy and almost all the shades of rainbow… what’s not to love?
Despite being such a chic and pretty color, mint green can look disastrous if not worn in the right way. You should pay attention to your own skin tone, to the colors of the clothes you wear mint with and even to the shades of mint. If you have got obsessed with this bright and flirty color, make sure to read through our fashion tips on how to wear mint green, before you run out and buy a mint piece for yourself.
How to Choose Mint Green Pieces
The most important thing in looking chic in mint is to choose the right shade of this invigorating color for you. Be honest to yourself and ask if mint green is the right shade for you and not for your friend or for just a stylish woman you have seen on the street. Actually, not every color in the world is right for everyone. Pay attention to your skin, eye and hair coloring while choosing mint green. For example, if you have dark hair, choose a light hint of mint. Blondes are advised to experiment with darker mint hues. Women with soft coloring are the luckiest ones, as they can look amazing in almost all shades of mint green. Put the color on and look at yourself from various angles and if it doesn’t look good on you, leave it at the store or go for some small portion of this shade and try to wear it as far from your face as possible.
How to Wear Mint Green
Now that you have picked the most flattering mint shade for you, let’s put some looks together. Again, it’s really hard to nail down this color without looking like a tube of toothpaste. That is the reason why most people choose to wear mint in small doses, rather than from head to toe. Always keep in mind that a color that is richer should be less in your look to be more flattering.
Some great styling tips for you to consider while wearing mint:
• Mint green gives tenderness to cotton, coolness to cashmere, blends well with chiffon, silk and lace. Mints is amazing in itself, or it can be matched with other pastel shades (powdery pink, beige, pale), dark turquoise or white.
• A color that looks amazing with mint and flatters all skin tones is navy. Although with other colors navy can look too nautical, with mint green it creates a nice military sea scavenger look.
• As a summer color, mint is great, but too much of it can be a bit minty fresh in overload. Mint looks fantastic in combination with other eye-popping shades too, like yellow, orange or green. For better results, choose some small accessories in these eye-popping shades and make your mint look more balanced.
• Make mint friends with delicate pastels. This will create an ultimate sugary look. This fabulous shade of tenderness and femininity is in perfect harmony with powdery, baby pink, lavender, nude and ice-cream shades. Color blocking is a good idea here, so choose one more pastel shade and play with these colors.
• The combination of white and mint leads to the “Mint to be” look. You can never go wrong pairing your mint pants, shorts or skirt with a white blouse.
• Double mint and double the pleasure. Mint on mint can look really lovely, so try matching two mint shades with each other.
• Try the all-mint look. If you choose the right clothing pieces, this will certainly look fabulous too.
• Pastel mint colored jeans are very trendy and can look amazing in combination with a neutral solid top or a printed blouse, which is not too matchy-catchy with your mint green. Finish off your look with one mint trendy accessory, like a minty watch, or go for metallic accessories. You can try the same look with mint green shorts or a mint skirt.
• Last but not least, if you are looking for a cocktail or casual dress in a color other than black, mint green can be the best option to go. Again keep your personal coloring in mind and pick the shade that flatters you the most. To warm up your dress, finish off your look with gold metallic accessories.
Choosing Mint Green Accessories
All those fashionisers, who love this fabulous color, yet lack self-confidence to wear it, can go for mint green accessories. For instance, think mint green ballet flats or platform heels, mint green sunglasses, a mint green watch, a mint hat, a mint green scarf, a belt or jewelry pieces in this fresh color. They are perfect for adding a pop of color to your look. These accessories are especially fantastic when matched with a white dress and a super sexy tan.
Mint nails, mint eye shadow or just mint hair highlights are other “mint accessories” worth trying. Mint beauty is all in trend and definitely looks astonishing. Besides, this is a great trick to nail down the mint green trend and convince others in your fashion awareness.
Accessorizing Mint Green Clothes
What accessories will suit a mint look? The perfect match will be gold or silver. Gold balances the coolness of mint and adds warmth to it, while silver revitalizes its freshness.
Where to Wear Mint Green
Mint is a great color for almost any occasion. You can wear it for an evening out or for a walk out. Mint is great for special occasions: wearing a mint dress you’ll certainly stand out in the crowd. To work, make sure not to overdo with this color. A mint accessory or a shirt in delicate light mint shade will be perfect.
Mint is really energizing, fabulous and different from others. As you can see, you can easily pull off nice looks with mint and appear fashion-forward. However, be sure to keep the good in small portions, otherwise you risk turning from a princess into a frog.
Photos courtesy of Dailylook.com, Lookbook.nu