The world isn’t actually that colorful and ideal as it may seem to some of you. Although we do see mostly perfectly sculpted silhouettes during fashion weeks, in various fashion campaign and lookbooks, there are certainly plump girls, who quite often feel very insecure about their bodies and prefer to stay away from summer beach and pool activities. However, if they know the best plus size fashion tips and the style secrets of choosing the most flattering swimsuits for their body shapes, they will not have the slightest reason of worrying about an unflattering look at the beach, as any body shape can look gorgeous, when dressed with consideration of its best assets and flaws.
If several years ago plus size swimsuits weren’t so diverse and fashionable, mainly made of bad-quality fabrics and in unpleasant colors and designs, now everything has changed and we can see amazing swimwear designs in bigger sizes that look both fashionable and sexy. The only thing you should know is how to choose the best plus-size swimwear for your body shape and few more rules for making it look lovely and voguish.
Before starting a new shopping session, examine your body closely to see exactly what areas can be highlighted and which ones need to be concealed. Stand in front of the mirror and try to be honest to yourself for the best results. Keep in mind that everyone has flaws, and we also have areas worth showing.
Once you already know your body language, it’s time to find the best swimsuit for you. Look through all the options available and pick the ones you like the most. Don’t restrict yourself in colors. Although we all know that black is the best option if you want to create the illusion of a slimmer body, there are certainly colors, which can have even better slimming effects. These are blue, navy, violet and dark brown. You can also pick a swimwear that combines several hues, as well as ones featuring stripes, floral and kaleidoscopic prints. Make sure to get the item that has bright tones at the places you want to emphasize and darker ones where your problem areas are.
When it comes to choosing the best plus size swimwear style, remember that tankinis, skirtinies, shortinies and one-piece swimsuits are the best options to try. For you to know, tankini consists of a tank top and a standard bikini bottom. Skirtini features a piece of fabric, which resembles a short skirt. Shortini is like the tankini, only instead of a bikini bottom it features shorts. All these styles, including the one-piece swimsuits, look sexy and stylish, if they fit your body shape.
Finally it’s important to know all the tips and tricks for camouflaging certain areas and enhancing your best features.
• To put the accent on your waistline and conceal the big belly, go for a belted swimsuit, one with vertical stripes or any other design gathering around the belly. A one-piece swimsuit with a tummy control panel will also be the right trick.
• If you have a bigger bust, think beachwear with wide straps and adequate underwire or a halter top. V-neck or other deep neckline cuts can make your big bust look smaller.
• A swimsuit featuring a lighter color in the top than the bottom will be ideal for those, who have a small breast and want to create the illusion of a bigger one. Ruching or frills will also be great.
• To shift the attention from a big rear, opt for a skirted bottom.
• Women with broad shoulders are advised to pick a swimsuit with patterns on the bottom part.
• To make your short legs look taller, go for a swimsuit that is high cut to the thigh.
A piece of precious advice for plus size women: never underestimate your beauty, take care of yourself and try to always feel and look self-confident and stylish, and this way you’ll look more gorgeous than many skinny girls.
You may also like: How To Choose Swimwear To Flatter Your Figure
Photos courtesy of Vogue